Monday, December 14, 2009

Rock and Roll San Antonio! I did it!

Well, we trained for 15 weeks and finally did! My great friends Kelli, Wendy and I ran a half marathon! WooHoo! It was my first half marathon and it was so much fun! I never would have thought it would feel like such an accomplishment after I finished it! It felt so good to train for so long and finally complete it, and without passing out mind you. Here are some pictures from the weekend!


My sweet Mom and Dad came up to see us run.
It meant so much to me!
Here are Ryan, Eli and Mia ready to cheer me on!
Here comes Wendy! Notice the orange shorts!
We did this on purpose so it would be easy to spot one another.
And Kelli!
Finally, here I come! This was the very last mile. And yes, I was running even though it looks like I am walking. I was so excited to see my family there cheering me on!
After the race! We made it!!!!!!
Here we are busy stuffing our faces with free food from HEB!

Afterwards, we went to a great Mexican restaurant to eat.
We could hardly walk, but it was so worth it!
Can't wait until our next race girls!
Maybe we can get more people to join us!

5 comments:

Luke Alden said...

Your pictures are way better than mine!!! Too fun!

Ashley McWhorter said...

You look awesome!!! Gives me some inspiration! Way to go!!

Jill said...

Great job!!! Two of my friends ran the full in that same race!! Way to go!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!! I have always wanted to run one. My goal was before I turned 35...I am so running out of time, YIKES! I thought the 5k would kill me. I did survive and just maybe I could a marathon. Great inspriration girlie!!

Treats by Trish said...

I WAS training for a 1/2 marathon for Jan - but I waited too long to register and there are no more spots available - darn! So maybe I will go for a whole marathon next year - maybe :-) Great job on your first race! I bet it did feel like a HUGE accomplishment, because it is! :-)