Thursday, March 11, 2010

Roller Skating

We went roller skating! It was so much fun. A roller rink near us has a family christian night where they only play christian music. It was a great place for us to go have fun as a family, even though Mia went around twice and then she was done. Eli never took a break. He loved it so much that we decided to do his birthday party there. It is a typical roller rink. It has that "roller rink" smell. You know what I am talking about. It has not been updated since before I was born, I think. But it was still lots of fun!


Mia
Eli walking, I mean skating around the rink.
He fell so many times, but just kept getting up and going.
Mia spent most of her time pretending to play the games.

I had so much fun skating. I felt like a kid again.
I was hoping any second "Locomotion" would start playing.

2 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Danyel,

Some of my most favorite memories in elementary school are about going roller skating! It was a SUPER-OLD skating rink! It wasn't even air-conditioned! A big old wooden barn type structure with a huge wooden floor and huge windows that flipped out and were held up with big sticks and had no glass or screen! And it was HOT! But we LOVED it!
Someday get Ashley to tell you all about Conn's experience as a Friday Night Regular Roller Skater!! Hilarous!!
Love you girly,
Julie

Serenity said...

Oh my goodness! I miss skating at that place! So many good memories. It's so cute that you took your kids. Glad ya'll had fun!