Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rare Moments

I know these seem like odd pictures to post. My kids with their hair a mess and their "comfy" clothes on. So here is why......Ryan and I strive to teach our kids to be kind to one another, always think about the other persons feelings before you think of your own, to have self control, etc. But we are in the training stages. The truth is that our kids fight......ALOT! I don't know if it is because they are so close in age or they share a room, or just that they are human and by nature, sinners. This is my main struggle in parenting. So this one afternoon my kiddos climbed into the chair together and sat quietly has they SHARED a coloring book. This could have been a disaster, but I was so happy to see them being kind to one another and sharing. So, I had to share it with all of you. It is such an encouragement to me when there are times like these when I see that my labor is not in vain...training them, teaching them, disciplining them. Lord, please give me the patience I need with these sweet babies. It is so hard, but also so rewarding when I can see the fruit!


2 comments:

Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Yes - this is a very rare thing. I'm so glad you captured it with your picture....and that you shared it. I'm so impressed that they are sharing the coloring book - but I'm even more impressed that Mia is not shrieking that Eli is coloring on HER page. You see, with our grandbabies - well, let's just say that's about the worst thing that can happen!! It is never a pretty sight!
You have beautiful (and sweet) babies Danyel!! Love you!!
Mammy

Luke Alden said...

So cute! Love those two!